Leonidas Papadakis | Strength
The main form of strength in soccer is called Muscle Power and you consider it the ability to move a load in the shortest possible time.
This ability to quickly develop strength can be trained in the field by engaging exercises that resemble the skills and needs of a match.
A training method is the plyometric where through muscle stretch / shortening cycle strength is generated in a short time and in which we can add specialized football skills.
(Several sport scientists consider the stretch / shortening cycle as a distinct appearance of strength form ...)
Divide your team into 4 groups and perform the following exercises.
1) 4 jumps over obstacles 40 cm high - first touch dribble and play "1-2" - finish with a shoott at the post
2) 4 changes of directions on poles - skipping on a ladder - jump and header
3) lateral skipping in obstacles 10 cm right and left - receive and ball driving - drible a manequin and shoot in a small post
4) 4 single leg jumps in rings - receive and pass - slalom sprint and finish in a post
Execute 2-3 sets per exercise with a 1' break between the exercises and 2'-3' between sets.
- Effect of training on improving muscle performance in a short time.
- Effect of training on the muscle adaptation of power generation to specialized motor skills.